Tue, 14 Sept|
Kenton Learning Centre
Fashion Dressmaking and Pattern Cutting Mixed Ability
Every Tuesday from 14th September to 23rd November (Subsidised by the Govt.) & Every Thursday from 16th September to 25th November, 2021 - THIS IS A 10 WEEKS COURSE .
Time & Location
14 Sept 2021, 10:30 – 12:30
Kenton Learning Centre, 86 Glebe Road, Kenton. HA3 9LF
About the Event
- Participants will learn all levels from beginners to advanced (from basic dressmaking including fashion design/arts and crafts – giving participants choices to add to their skills in free hand cutting techniques and dressmaking final finish to a professional standard.
- Beginners will be given lessons in introduction to sewing machine, fabric properties, pattern making their first foundation skirt , trouser, blouse/tops, dress etc depending on choice of garment .
- Intermediate and advanced levels will learn various skills and techniques in bridal wear, evening wear, daywear in either children and/or adult wear as well as other choices including alteration of garments of all types.
- Generally, participants will receive skills training in free hand cutting , sewing techniques and in fashion design to a professional standard.
- Multicultural dressmaking is encouraged. Tackling traditional lothingcs / day and evening wears - children / adults as well as any design the Tutor thinks the participant will be able to tackle.
- We suppy machines as well as overlock machine during classes.
Items to bring to class: Notebook, pen, pencil, dressm