top of page
Tue, 14 Sept|
Kenton Learning Centre
Fashion Dressmaking and Pattern Cutting Mixed Ability
Every Tuesday from 14th September to 23rd November (Subsidised by the Govt.) & Every Thursday from 16th September to 25th November, 2021 - THIS IS A 10 WEEKS COURSE .
Registration is ClosedSee other courses
Time & Location
14 Sept 2021, 10:30 – 12:30
Kenton Learning Centre, 86 Glebe Road, Kenton. HA3 9LF
About the Event
- Participants will learn all levels from beginners to advanced (from basic dressmaking including fashion design/arts and crafts – giving participants choices to add to their skills in free hand cutting techniques and dressmaking final finish to a professional standard.
- Beginners will be given lessons in introduction to sewing machine, fabric properties, pattern making their first foundation skirt , trouser, blouse/tops, dress etc depending on choice of garment .
- Intermediate and advanced levels will learn various skills and techniques in bridal wear, evening wear, daywear in either children and/or adult wear as well as other choices including alteration of garments of all types.
- Generally, participants will receive skills training in free hand cutting , sewing techniques and in fashion design to a professional standard.
- Multicultural dressmaking is encouraged. Tackling traditional lothingcs / day and evening wears - children / adults as well as any design the Tutor thinks the participant will be able to tackle.
- We suppy machines as well as overlock machine during classes.
Items to bring to class: Notebook, pen, pencil, dressmakers chalk, folder to keep hand outs and leaflets, pins, scissors for fabrics, scissors for pattern cutting (initial stage), threads, tape measure.
Fashion Dressmaking 10 weeks
Fashion Dressmaking and Pattern Cutting. 10 week course. Every Tuesday from 14th September to 23rd November. (Subsidised by the Govt.)
bottom of page