Craft and Textile Design Course
Time & Location
About the Event
Who can enrol in this course?
• All levels of ability from beginners to advanced students wishing to improve their skills in craft and textile design.
• Basic sewing skills and an interest in all type of craft and textile design.
What will I study?
• New students will study a range of patchwork/ or embroidery / jewellery making/ sequinning / or cushion making including piping techniques.
Example: Decorative cushion making
Here students will tackle:
• The types of inner cushion pads available
• Different closure styles
• Planning and measuring
• Pattern placement, marking and cutting
• Applying trimmings
By the end of the course student should have an attractive folder of samples and have developed an eye for colour and design.
Those with experience will develop a project of their choice; starting with selecting fabric, planning the colour and design and working the project through to completion.
Beginners will be given lessons in introduction hand to sewing machine techniques as well as different type of hand stitches for craft making:
•You will use relevant tools and equipment.
•Participants will receive first hand skills training.
• Participants would gain professional techniques which would improve their final finish work to professional standard.
How are you going to be taught in class?
• Qualified Tutor demonstration, practical work, small group and individual support at all time.
How will you be assessed?
• On-going tutor and self-assessment
What tools/equipment / materials to bring to first day of class?
• A4 ring binder and clear punched pockets (Reference folder for samples and hand-outs).
• Basic sewing equipment such as scissors for fabrics, cheap scissors for paper patterns, sewing needles, assorted threads for craft / assorted fabrics / beads / jewellery tools / dressmakers chalk, pins, tape measures, together with pencil, eraser, ruler / set square.
• Students will need to provide their own pieces of fabric.
***Unemployed / Pensioners living in Harrow and enrolled at Canons Community Centre would receive further reduction. £70 for 10 weeks course. Pensioner: £35 for 10 weeks course.
- Craft & Textile Design Course£200+£5 Service fee£200+£5 Service fee0£0