Thursdays 10:30am - 1:30pm|
African Head-Wrap Gele / Head Tie And Hat Making Workshop
Starts from 23rd September . 2021 -Thursdays 10:30am - 1:30pm. This course is open to beginners and intermediate.
Time & Location
Thursdays 10:30am - 1:30pm
Hendon Centre, 28 Church End, London NW4 4JX, UK
About the Event
Step 1: Learn and watch teaching illustrations of different type of African Head-Wraps / Head Ties
· The African Head Wrap/Head Tie plays an important part in Africa’s fashion styling and has origins in West African/Sub Saharan Africa.
· The head-wrap styles are as versatile as your imagination takes you.
· The type of fabric used will definitely affect the appearance and end result; therefore it is better to use the correct fabric with the chosen design.
· There are so many types of African Head Wraps/Head Ties.
· You can use soft fabric or crisp/hard fabric (examples will be given)
· Participants would be taught how to tie or wrap the head with different scarf.
Step 2: How to fix the head-tie into a hat (no need to wrap again!) Hat making techniques
· We'll show you professional techniques and help you develop the correct skills, while learning how to plan and make basic patterns for fabric hats.
· You'll learn a range of decorative techniques and methods of professionally finishing hats, as well as measuring the head and fitting a hat.
· You'll also be introduced to the art of draping fabrics either as a trimming or for a whole hat.
· With support from the tutor, you will develop and create your own unique hat idea.
· Those who want to bring their own fabrics. Crisp/hard fabrics e.g. heavy silk, organza of soft fabric (2 metres)
· Ring for advice.
This course is open to beginners and intermediate.